Pages

Wednesday 14 April 2010

A Walk along Scolty Hills Aberdeen

Scotland is well-known for its nature, mountains, outdoor sports, skiing and unpredictable weather. Scottish culture is very indifferent from the English, Kilt costumes, music, highland dancing are few which is commonly known to many in foreign lands. The outdoor nature beauty is not known to many unless they have step foot into Scotland.

I spend a one of the very first few sunny days in 2010 in Scolty Hills which is located in a claimed 'Posh' area of Aberdeenshire, Banchory.

Scotly is indeed a very quite place, fresh air and surprisingly insect free as well.

Well this is also my first day out with my Brand new Canon Eos 50D. Yes I have converted to Canon now and have left my faithful Nikon D40 after 2 years!! More reviews to come after!

Scolty Tower. Its a 20 minute walk from the very bottom of the hill for  a person with terrible fitness like myself

A distant mountain. TO be honest i have yet to find out the name.
Surprisingly I found some young vibrant university students here on  a Saturday afternoon. I suppose for peace and tranqulity.

Direction dial explaining the location in the distance

Another lady here for peace and tranquillity. I don't think its her dog, however he seems to be absorbed into the distant beauty.

Kid sulking after his dad told him off for making too much trouble up on the Scolty tower.

A view through the stone walls of the tower.

A bright beautiful day 

People actually cycle up these hills! Scottish are very healty bunch of people!

This reminds me of a Movie poster and also my favourite picture!

Stone walls claiming private property of a farm boundary

This is strange colouring which I dint realise when i was there. A solitary tree and a rock in a distant

Sign of Scottish Spring 2010

Nature at its best!

I enjoyed my day and walk. I guess life away from my PS3 is not so bad afterall!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love your pictures. Your new camera seems excellent.

    ReplyDelete